Tiles laying step by step
- Wall sealing;
- Preparing the appropriate glue for tiles or mixture;
- Glue or mixture should be obtained in accordance with the requirements of the particular ceramic tiles and area of laying.
- The prepared mixture should be proportionally laid starting from the bottom corner of the wall, in a small area;
- It should be levelled off with the help of the smooth side of a hand float, then with the serrated one;
- Tiles are laid on the wall where the mixture is put, and are pressed by hand;
- In each corner of the tile it is necessary to insert a cross to help lay the tiles at the same level;
- When the whole wall is covered with tiles, if necessary, in the corners a leveling board should be put.
The required tools:
- Notched trowel
For small tiles (5 cm x 5 cm) a trowel with 4 mm teeth is suitable;
For medium size tiles (25 cm x 25 cm) a trowel with 6 – 8 mm teeth.
- A filling knife for detecting the distance between the tiles.
- A sponge for removing extra dirt.
- A level gauge for fitting tiles.
- A cross divider for creating equal gaps between tiles. If tiles are 300 x 300 mm, then the cross should be at least 3 mm wide.